Thursday, August 10, 2017

After The Rain

Growing up in Mobile, it rained so frequently that it was, at times, depressing. Back in my days of holding down a "paying a.k.a real job", I also remember it ruining a lot of weekend plans...beach trips, or any outdoor activities.

Here, deep in the heart of Texas, rain is as infrequent as it was frequent back in Mobile. Even though the drought can sometimes get oppressive in the dog days of summer, I still prefer the days of blazing sun over the gloom of a rainy day.

That said, now I can actually enjoy a rainy day when it comes along. Yesterday, was our infrequent rainy day. The vegetation really needed it, and it cooled the dog days of summer off a bit.

Me and Skye decided to go outside and putter around the yard a bit...





My pecan tree is yielding nicely this year. Hopefully, I will be able to harvest them before that lone squirrel I see running the greenbelt gets to them...



I'm looking forward to trampling around in the greenbelt again, once the weather cools down and the grasses die off...




Here's where my sunset usually sits, but as you can see it's filled with the darkness of the passing rain clouds...


 Cat joined us in the back yard, and I took the opportunity for some photo opps...







Recently we had our overgrown oak trees in the front yard professionally trimmed. Now you can actually see our house! Whoever landscaped these homes apparently didn't realize how big oaks can get or they would have never had the bright idea of putting two in these small front yards....


Skye is like me and hates being on the receiving end of a camera, so she wasn't too keen on my requests for her to pose....


Every evening for the past few weeks, me and Skye have what we call "porch time", when we come sit out on the front porch and enjoy the evening. It reminds me of how it was before technology, and the pursuit of the "rat race" was so common, when folks would just sit out on their porch and chat the evening away. I suppose I'm a just a bit old school.

No comments:

Post a Comment