Saturday, August 5, 2017

Traveling, Squirrels, and Johnny Depp

Last week, Lucas and Emily stopped through for the night on their way to a vacation in Aspen, Colorado. We lounged in the pool enjoying some adult beverages before they were off early to bed to get ready for their before dawn start on a long drive the next day.  My son has always talked about taking a trip to Colorado, so I was pretty excited for him that he was finally able to go.

They sent me some pictures of their stop in Palo Duro Canyon, which I may add is on my Texas bucket list.



Look at the lizard on the post photo bombing this picture of Emily. I LOVE IT



I'm pretty sure I drove them nuts messaging every few hours to check on them and request photos. They're either really good sports, or they just love me.

Yesterday, Toby and I stopped in at Baby A's for some lunch and a purple. Our favorite location is the one downtown. It's outdoor patio allows us to people watch the tourists and visually entertaining locals. We are also entertained by the Grackles and squirrels who are always close by to beg. Even they can't resist chips.

Usually, the Grackles are the head beggars, but today the squirrels were pretty demanding. They would come close enough to intimidate us into throwing them a chip.









Skye has been trying to train the dog and cat to "like" each other. I don't think that will ever happen, but at least now they can tolerate each other, as long as one or the other doesn't impede on the other's personal space.

Bo was getting too close to the cat's personal space here, so she had to let him know who boss was with a swift swat of the paw...


Recently, I had heard through some small town gossip that Johnny Depp had left his initials and shoe print on the sidewalk in front of the Manor Grocery where parts of the movie "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" was filmed.

I had to check it out and see for myself, and yep, there it was.....




No comments:

Post a Comment