Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Happy Birthday and Hanging with Hippies

Toby's birthday is Sunday, but he has to work that day and all the days up until that day this week, so we decided he and I would celebrate it today.

We headed downtown to our favorite place in Austin, Barton Springs. We got the bright idea a few weeks ago that we wanted to float down the springs "channel" up until Town Lake.

It was SO MUCH FUN! I told him I hoped he was having as much fun on his day as I was!



The Birthday Boy....


Us. We're not really "selfie" kind of people, but I know for memory's sake we have to do the dirty deed at times....




When I see graffiti in odd places, I always silently wonder who has the forethought to bring a spray paint can to the creek. Not that I have anything against graffiti, just curious....


More US. I love US and our life here in Texas.....





Toby pointed out the Capitol as we were floating down. See it in the distance?....


After we got through floating down the river we hung out with some hippies at the upper end of the creek. This guy said we looked like the kind of people that would enjoy listening to him play guitar...so we did. He played nicely....


More hippies. I always find these sort of people more interesting to talk to than society norm types. I like people with interesting, non-traditional stories and backrounds. I find the talk of school, work and kids that you get from conventional types to be exasperatingly boring...


After we got home Skye asked me if I would ride with her to Sonic so she could get her an ice cream. We decided to do a little sight seeing while she ate her cone. We drove through the cemetery and we drove by an old mansion in town. On the way back to the house we got caught by the train, we usually hear it, but never see it. I love to watch the trains....


It was a very memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment