Friday, August 11, 2017

Play Day

Today we did something a little different than our usual. We had family game day....

First, we went bowling at  Highland Bowling Lanes.....

 

I haven't bowled in years, and even though I'm pretty bad at it, it was enjoyable and I even managed to win one game.

Then, onto the nearby pool hall at Slick Willies. Slick Willies is a really nice pool hall if you're into pool....or drinking....










Playing pool was fun too. Even though I'm really bad at it too, I could see myself mastering pool before I could bowling.

After we got home, we checked out a park near our house that has a boat launch into the Colorado River. They also rent kayaks and canoes. We rented a canoe here years ago, but I wanted to see how easy it would be to own my own "vessel" and launch....


Skye was more interested in playing "American Ninja Warrior" on the play equipment than the water...



Later on, we all got in the pool and floated around. It's nice that Skye is older and can enjoy lounging in the pool on a float now, rather than splashing around and making us play tiresome pool games. Kids are way more fun when they're grown.

It was a fun day. I've really been enjoying the summer and am not at all looking forward to those cold months I feel like hibernating, which I know are still a few months off in this neck of the woods.

BUT, we're going on vacation in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment