Sunday, July 8, 2018

Firsts and Friends

It's hot as blazes now, so Toby and I have been spending our weekends making use of our pool. We do a little yard work, grill some dinner on the grill, then reward ourselves with a drink - or two - while lounging in the pool. The older I get, the more I enjoying hanging out in the comforts of my home.


A few weeks ago, me and Skye attended the neighbors graduation/birthday party. I usually hate social events, but since they have been our neighbors for the past ten years, I was pretty comfortable with everyone there.

You can tell from this photo Skye really loves having her photo taken. She's a party pooper when it comes to picture time...


My neighbor Derick with his parents and sister....


Lesly and her mom Olivia...


Me and Skye enjoyed standing out on the balcony looking at downtown...


Skye also experienced her very first ever sleepover recently. She spent the weekend with her girlfriend at her house near San Antonio. She really seemed to enjoy her time with Liana, but also was glad to be back to the comforts of her own bed. She gets that from me. I enjoy the comforts of my own home/bed too.


I had the house to myself most of the time while she was gone because Toby was working. I thought I may feel a little empty nest syndrome, but not surprisingly I really enjoyed my time alone.

Toby and I also acquired "Couple Friends" at the end of last year. All through our marriage, he's had his friends, and I had friends that I acquired through trying find Skye playmates, but this is the first time that we've had actual friends that were just our own.

We have a lot of things in common with them and the conversation always flows with ease and laughter.

As of this moment, Skye is spending the week with Liana before she leaves out to the military in a couple of weeks. They've really formed an attachment to each other in the past few months, I have this feeling I'm going to be soon seeing my daughters first heartbreak.

In a couple of days Toby and I will be taking our first trip out of town without Skye while she's out of town. More to come on that in a few days.







No comments:

Post a Comment