Thursday, July 19, 2018

San Marcos

This week Toby and I took a trip to San Marcos. The weather was predicted to be in the triple digits, and the idea of the crisp cold water of the springs sounded appealing.

I also noticed on the map there's a trail that runs alongside the San Marcos River so I figured we could get in a little exercise and work up a sweat before we dipped into the frigid water..



We stopped at one of the parks along the way and did a photo shoot with the mermaid...





Once we hit the end of the trail we turned around and headed back for a swim. I was boiling and ready to cool off...




I'm a big sissy and don't ride the rapids. I always roost in this little pool section here watching everyone else get pulled under by the strong current....


Here's a short video of Rio Vista.



Last week we hiked on the other side of Barton Creek. It was mostly shady and you could tell it was seldom traveled.

This looked to be some kind of a grave marker. It was on the edge of the cliff, so I could only presume someone had fell/jumped to their demise...



The trail ended at a steep hill with a chain to help you climb up.....




We found out that the trail ended at someone's property because the owner came running out with his dog to run the trail. He was nice and didn't scold us for lurking around his property...


Since I love the outdoors and hang outside a lot, I like for my outdoor surroundings to look nice so I spruced my pool area up a bit..



No comments:

Post a Comment