Thursday, February 7, 2019

Sick and Hamilton Greenbelt

Last week, I was something I rarely am...sick. From my google diagnosis, I believe I had the adult version of RSV. Because I have a weak heart and lungs, I've always been very susceptible to any kind of respiratory illness. From my calculations of the incubation period, I contracted it from either our friend (who also had it) or from being in a small, crowded area full of people at Toby's boxing match.

Either way, I believe it didn't take a toll on me because of the healthier lifestyle I lead now. I was only mildly inconvenienced for eight days of  a low energy level and a constant need to hack up a lung full of mucus.

Alas, we only did a familiar, local hike last week downtown. I feel like I have thousands of pictures of downtown, yet I take more each time I'm there We hiked about a 5 mile loop around the boardwalk and a portion of the Town Lake trail...







Last week as I was going through my bookmarks on my Ipad, I came across a hiking idea I had saved months ago, Hamilton Greenbelt. so that was our destination this week.

The beginning of the trail was very welcoming with a nice park-like sitting area....




The trail was very well maintained and nice and shady. It also meandered alongside Hurst Creek, so you could hear the rushing water and small waterfalls along the whole hike....


 









There were nice little sitting benches and areas throughout the whole trail...





It also had this really cool bird blind. I scared the birds off when I came up, but Toby managed to get a pic of one bird....


This pic is sitting inside of the bird blind....




It was an enjoyable hike, I would recommend it. There was also another greenbelt we spotted across the street from it, that we may explore in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment