Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

Again this year, I was making Thanksgiving dinner. Not that I mind that much, it's just that Thanksgiving is much better when someone else is doing the cooking and cleaning and all I have to do is bring a dish. :-)

I was a smart girl though, and did most of my cooking the day before. The only thing I had to prepare in the morning was the Turkey and dressing. I'm not one of those kind of people who like to socialize by cooking together with other family members in the kitchen. I don't really like to cook anyway, so I like to get in and out of the kitchen A.S.A.P

Since my dad and his wife were out of town, I ended up having to drive to Saraland and pick my grandmother up from the nursing home, then take her back home after the festivities. Of course, my grandmother is 90 years old and senile so she had no earthly idea who any of us were the whole time she was here.....but I think she still didn't mind getting out for a little while anyway.

Toby's grandmother and Charlie, his brother, were also here. Lucas ended up going to his dad's for Thanksgiving. I was pretty much glad when everything was over so I could sit on my butt and take a rest.

After Charlie took their grandmother home, he came back to the house and we all ended up going to shoot disc golf at the park. Gotta work all that food off somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment