Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

The day before Halloween I knew with my motherly instinct something was wrong with Summer. You know your children so well that any little change in their behavior puts you on alert.

My instinct was right. By noon she had a low grade fever and spent most of the afternoon napping. I have to say that I was a little lonely without her and our daily routine. I know I could never be one of those mothers that send their kids off to school and stay home and be the dutiful little housewife. If I did not have Summer around during the day I would be out helping put food on the table.

Here she is taking a warm bath....something both her and I love to do when we don't feel well:



I told her I hoped she wouldn't be sick for Halloween. She informed me that she WOULD NOT be sick for Halloween. I guess mind over matter does really work because by that evening her fever was gone and she was feeling much better. I know she really didn't feel 100% but she felt well enough to enjoy our first Halloween in our own neighborhood.

The weather was perfect. The temps were around 70 degress so it was very comfortable.

We walked around with 3 different nieghbor groups so we had more of a crowd than we ever had. Most of the neighborhood participated in Halloween and the streets were very busy with trick or treaters. With Summer not feeling up to par we didn't walk around as much as we probably would otherwise, but that was o.k.

When we got back to the house Summer was loving participating in handing out candy to all the trick or treaters. We had such a big turn out that we ran out of candy pretty quick. Summer was enjoying handing out so much that when we ran out she started giving her loot away. I have made a note to stock up on candy for next year.

Here are some pics of some of our night...

Freddie Kruger has my daughter!



Some neighborhood strangers.....they wanted to take a pic of themselves with Fredde Kruger.



Checking some candy.



Toby and Summer carving a mini pumpkin.



It was a wonderful, festive and busy Halloween season this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment