Monday, July 11, 2011

Day to Day - Monday

Today we consider our Friday so TGIF!! Toby's work week is Friday-Monday so our "weekend" is Tues.-Thurs.

I was more glad than usual to see the end of the week. I awoke with a spring in my step, sucked down a cup of coffee and took Bo for a run. I figured since I had awoken with such energy that I would take advantage and challenge myself and run the steep hill. I was happy that I made it further up the hill than I thought. It was a good run morning for sure.

One thing that I have noticed about myself lately is that I'm not as "fresh" as I used to be. I run in the mornings and the evenings and spend a lot of time outdoors and in the pool. I sweat a lot and always smell like chlorine or the outdoors.

I hate taking a shower when I know that in just a couple of hours I will be pouring sweat again or jumping into the pool. I guess it's sort of like not making your bed everyday because you're just going to be messing it up again that evening when you go to bed...

So since it was my "Friday" I focused on getting all the the house clean and all my chores done so that I could spend my "weekend" having nothing but fun.

Later in the afternoon I took me a nice long bath and shaved my legs. It was nice to feel clean for once...too bad Toby wasn't home to enjoy it because by the time he sees me again I will smell like sweat....

Shortly after my bath the doorbell rang. I opened the door and I was in shock to see my dad standing there!!! I guess it's true that thoughts become things because lately I have thought a lot about my dad and how long it has been since I have seen him!

Through my tears and surprise I then see my brother, my sis-in-law and niece trailing behind. Those are the BEST surprises in the world!!! As much as I love my home here in Texas and the wonderful friends I have made, there will always be that ache for my dad, brothers and my son.

Having visitors got Bo pretty excited so after they left for their hotel room to relax for the evening I took Bo for his evening walk. It was still pretty hot so I didn't do much running. I did try to run some but had a little shin pain mostly likely from my exertion on the hill this morning. I saved myself some injury and just walked briskly.

I'm excited about tomorrow. We are going to go toobing (that's how we spell it here) down the river. Not sure how my dad is going to like going down chutes (small rapids)...guess we will have to make it up to him somehow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment