Friday, August 14, 2015

Gus Fruh

This week I was somewhat at a loss for what Toby and I should do for our weekly fun day.

The heat has been extreme and we haven't had rain in over 40 days making it more difficult to find creek side hiking areas we have not already hiked.

We decided to check out an area of Barton Creek we have not been in awhile, Gus Fruh.  Luckily, it was a short hike to the creek. When we got there it was bone dry....



We walked around a little.....

This area of Barton is used for rock climbing


There wasn't much picture-worthy so I decided to shoot a little video of the path I was walking for my own entertainment. Toby was ahead of me and didn't know I was videoing. I thought it was a convenient display when he did this when I caught up to him....


Since our hike was short lived we decided to head down to "Barker" Springs to cool off...



Here are a few pics I got at the park earlier this morning when we took Bo for his walk...





Last night I had to take a quick run to Wally World. On the way home, the bright sun set was behind me. I know it was probably slightly unsafe, but I grabbed my phone and took a quick snap of it in my rear view...


My brother and his wife will be visiting next week. I'm looking forward to their arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment