Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Copperfield Nature Trail

This morning Toby and I changed up our routine and took our morning walk in  Copperfield Nature Trail. 

I'm glad we chose this trail. The trail is mostly human/dog traffic free, so we were able to unleash Bo and let him roam freely and as I say, "be a real dog".....


Bo cooling off in the pond....


We reached the portion of the trail I have never hiked. After seeing this sign, I couldn't get that song out of my head....






We walked through some brushy areas on this portion of the trail along the creek....



Bo stopping off to cool himself off again. He was one stinky, muddy dog...


Since we neglected to study the trail head map in the beginning, we didn't how much further we would go before the trail ended nor did we know exactly how many miles it was, so we played it safe and headed back. We hadn't any breakfast and our stomachs were beginning to rumble. We hiked about 3.5 miles......


Next time we will shoot for the whole trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment