Friday, September 4, 2015

Johnson City

This week I decided we were all going off for family day. It's few and far between these days all three of us go off together.

I decided on the Hill Country Science Mill in Johnson City, Texas about an hour 1/2 drive. It's a fairly new science museum that I've had on my bucket list for awhile.

The drive into the Hill Country was beautiful and we all enjoyed the scenery along the way.

The museum was smaller than I expected based on the reviews and a lot of it was a bit too juvenile for Skye. Even so, there were a couple of things that we all enjoyed...

Skye's favorite thing was creating her museum avatar and scanning it before each exhibit...


We all enjoyed the brain wave exhibit. Ceasing our brain from thought and activity was very hard for me and Skye! Toby beat us hands down each time...


This Fractalarium gave a very cool light show...


Cell Phone Disco...

Skye enjoyed the Virtual Human Body too...


Other miscellaneous activities...






I had to beg for this solo photo of Skye. She did it only because she loves me and knows how important family memories are to me...




We walked around the little downtown a little bit but most everything was closed. That's small towns for ya, I guess....



On the way home we stopped for a DQ Blizzard. It was a pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment