Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Treat for Mama and Summer

For my birhday this past July, my sis-in-law gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure/manicure. I have never in my whole 40 years ever felt the need to have myself pampered. I just don't do those sort of "girly things".

Anyway, I have carried the certificate around in my purse with me for months. Toby would ask me every so often if I was ever going to use my gift certificate.....I had really intended on giving it away to someone before I moved.

Today while we were out and about, we drove past the place where the certificate was for. It didn't look crowded in there and I knew if I didn't go ahead and use it, it was now or never.

Long story made short, it was the most relaxing thing I have ever done. You got to sit in a vibrating chair while they put all this weird lotion/exfoiliating stuff on you and massaged your feet and legs. I am totally addicted now. Toby's going to wish he never encouraged me to go.

The cool thing about it was that Summer got to have her nails done too. I don't do manicure's (I like to have my fingernails to chew on) so she got to use what was left over on the certificate for her. She thought it was cool too.

With all the whirlwind lately, it was nice to have something to relax me. I even went in there with a slight headache and came out without one.

No comments:

Post a Comment