Monday, February 1, 2010

Visitors

I was born in raised in Alabama but I have a few family members that reside in Texas. Most of my family members that live in Texas I have not seen in many, many years..literally.

We don't have strong family ties outside of our immediate family but since moving to Texas I have felt an urge to re-establish my relationship with my family members here. After all, we need all the family and friends we can get here in the Lonestar State. I love Texas and plan on spending the rest of my days here, but at times "I" feel a little isolated from family connections.

Thanks to FB I have been able to get in contact with my family members here in Texas. As many drawbacks as technology has, there are perks that come along with it.

Yesterday I got to spend the day with my second cousin and her husband. As with all people it's always a gamble when you meet them. With family all you can do is hope for the best.

I have to say after meeting my Texas cousin for only the second time in my life - last time was around 20 years ago - I was impressed. I certainly wasn't ready to scoot them out the door, which is always a good sign for me. :-)



We had a good time gossiping about family members and sharing family experiences and memories. I look forward to being able to spend more time with them in the future.

There has been alot going on lately in my mind, but I have not really had the chance to sit down at the computer and blog about them. Hopefully in the future I will be able to catch up with all of our goings-on.

Tomorrow we are headed to San Antonio for a couple of days for "work" purposes. I should specify that Toby will be the one doing the "work" while Summer and I spend some time with my aunt and uncle that reside in San Antone. I am looking forward to it......

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart, glad you have done that, getting in touch with your family,enjoy every moment with them......

    ReplyDelete