Monday, March 15, 2010

Kite Festival 2010

The Austin Kite Festival is one of those activities that I have been wanting to do since we have moved here but never had the chance. Last week while we were lunching with Ginny I asked her if she might be interested in going to the kite festival this year.

Toby was going to be at work and I knew it was Ginny's weekend with her step daughter. Ginny would also be willing to maneuver us through Austin traffic and find parking during a festival (which was my biggest dilemma on going without another adult).

By the day of the festival I had managed to talk myself out of going with the mental excuses of crowds and parking. Ginny managed to talk me back into going with promises of taking charge of the driving and parking. Ginny's sister-in-law and her kids also joined us.

Luckily, it pays to know people. We managed to snare a parking spot at a business near the festival of someone Ginny knew.

It was a perfect day for the festival. The skies were blue, the weather was warm, and there was just enough wind to keep the kites in the air. The sky was dotted with kites of all sizes, shapes, and themes.




They were all so close together flying in perfect unison. Summer asked me if they ever got tangled together. I don't know if they do or not, but on this particular day I saw no incidences of kite entanglement.






Another perfect day with friends.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I love seeing all those kites flying so close together. Amazing they're not a tangled mess. So happy you had such a nice day with friends. Your pictures are perfect.

    ReplyDelete