Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mary Moore Searight Park

Okay, granted the last thing I needed to be doing was playing today. After all, I have been playing all week. Chores are beginning to pile up and I have my son driving in on Sunday and Summer's b-day on Sunday.

Nevertheless, I don't pass up a good time on a beautiful day so off we went to check out a new park in South Austin....Mary Moore Searight Park.

Here is Summer and Toby playing on the equipment before we took off for the trails...




Summer and I chillin' on the climbing rock....



I don't know what's so appealing about this nasty algae stuff but Summer loves to play with it....



Cute geese right??? Well, these "cute" geese weren't very friendly. They chased us out of their territory when we tried to feed them some cracker crumbs. :-)



Summer spotted more territorial geese on the way....



Summer passing the hike time chatting with her BFF.....



We had a great day at a cool park, but after the ride home I now know why I stay closer to my "neck of the woods" when we do daily activities. A trip to South Austin takes us around 30 min typically...on the way home at rush hour takes over an hour. I still have not found the shortcuts in that area of town...I don't think there are any shortcuts...

When we got home I decided to finish the yard chores. Springtime is beautiful but it also brings an array of overgrown grasses and bushes.

It was a great day....oh, and I also won $42 on scratch offs....well I guess it would really be $38 after I account for the $4 I spent on the scratch offs. :-)

1 comment:

  1. A day for fun fills your heart with happiness.

    Great photos x

    ReplyDelete