Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Onion Creek

On Monday Summer and I checked out a new hiking area per the recommendation of Robin. Robin helps get me out of my box and opens my eyes to new areas in Southeast Austin.

I am a creature of habit and sometimes I get so caught up in my "neck of the woods" that I forget there is a whole other world south of Austin. Or maybe it's there is sooooo much to do in the Austin area that I still after 2½ years have not even brushed the surface of my "neck of the woods".

Anyway, it was a another beautiful day for a walk along Onion Creek. I sometimes get in such awe of the beauty that surrounds me that I forget to take pictures....then again sometimes I get so caught up in taking pictures that I forget to enjoy the awe of what I am taking the pic of...if that makes sense.

Here are a few pics of our morning on the creek....

Very old, large trees are not the norm 'round these parts, so we were pretty impressed with the size of this Cypress tree. I put Summer next to it so you could get the idea of how big it was...



See these rocks at the bottom of this creek??? These rocks are the reason someone invented Aqua socks..



Robin and Jake, Robin's sidekick....



Here is Summer enjoying Robin's farm critters....



I also made a very poor attempt at getting some Texas wildflower pics. The wildflowers are too beautiful here for me to butcher them with my amateur pics. I will try to get some postable ones in the near future.

After I got back home I spent the rest of the afternoon pulling pesky weeds out of the front yard. Summer decided to let her rabbits get some exercise and let them roam free while we were out in the front yard.

I was surprised the little critters stayed right in the yard the whole 2 hours we were out there. I had secretly wondered if they would hop on off....

No comments:

Post a Comment