Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Seeping Out

I have creativity and expression seeping out of me lately. I have always had a creative side to me but lately I find that I can't contain it. I dream of creations that can be created and I awaken with ideas that seem to come out of nowhere. I also find myself singing and dancing ( I typically never have danced before) more than usual lately. I'm enjoying listening to a wide variety of music rather than my usual genre.

Maybe I just spend too much time at home alone....

Anyway, here are some of my latest projects:

Here is a quilt I started several months from thrift store fabric scraps. I haven't gotten any farther than the quilt top because quite honestly I got a little carried away with it and made it a little bigger than what I have the equipment to handle it. First of all, I need a large area to lay the quilt out for the batting and pinning. I love my cozy little home, but floor space is not something I am blessed with.

Another issue I have is the actual "quilting". My little $100 brother sewing machine does not have quilting capabilities for something that large...heck, I have never even tried to machine quilt with my machine. The quilts that I have made in the past have been hand quilted which would be much too large of a job for this quilt. From my limited knowledge of quilting I believe I can pay someone to quilt it for me but then that would defeat the purpose of my frugality. So, as it stands I have a very large quilt top that I'm still contemplating what to do with....


I also did a couple of more bags. I really love this one I worked up from a little girls dress....


This one is from some old pj's and scraps.

I also made up a few Christmas themed bags
I was out running with Bo one morning and spotted this old office desk chair on the side of the road. I scooped it up and brought it home and recovered it in some retro fabric I found at a yard sale in Corpus Christi this past summer...


Summer suggested I make a Mindcraft Creeper into her desk chair. This is what I came up with....


My latest quilt project has been a lot of fun. Over the past few months I have been collecting bandannas from the Blue Hanger. I love the bright colors and designs on the bandannas. My ultimate goal was to collect enough to piece together a blocked bandanna quilt.

One morning I awoke around 4:00am with an inspiration to cut the bandannas up to give them a more geometric appearance rather than just blocking them. I also figured it would add more character than plain blocking....


Luckily this quilt top is small enough that I will be able to do the actual quilting myself.

Yep, that's about been it for me lately...sewing, creating and listening to music.


No comments:

Post a Comment