Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Visit From Lucas

I was awoken at 5:30am this morning to the smell of coffee brewing. Any other morning I would have rolled back over and went to sleep for another couple of hours.

This morning was different. Lucas was up early to head back home after a 7 day visit. I didn't even have to drag myself out of bed. I was wide awake. There was no way I was going to miss my oldest "child's" departure without me bidding him a motherly farewell.

After we said our heartfelt goodbyes and he drove off into the darkness I came back inside to resume my usual morning routine of a cup of coffee at the computer. I opened the blinds to the study like I usually do to let the morning sun shine through but it was still dark outside. There was lightening flashing in the distance of my open blinds and it gave me a feeling of loneliness. I haven't felt lonely in a very long time. Something about the combination of darkness, quietness of the house, and the subtle flashing light made me feel very sad about his departure.....

Despite my sadness of his departure we had a wonderful week together. We spent most of our time enjoying each other's company.

This was my favorite part of the week. Me, Lucas and Bo running the park path while Skye rode her bike...




Lucas enjoying a JD and coke while lounging in the pool. My idea. I told him it's one of my favorite things to do during those hot summer months and he thought it sounded like a good idea also....


K-1 Speed and Rock Climbing!!....




Toby and I even got a night out in downtown Austin....




Even though I enjoyed having some solo time with hubby and the excitement of the downtown atmosphere I was glad to get home. I think maybe next time we get a night out alone dinner and a movie would be more appropriate. I'm getting to old to enjoy downtown party scenes.

Lucas also educated me and Skye on the correct way to lift weights.....



We did a lot of eating, stargazing, and Lucas and Skye spent a lot of time hanging out together working on bikes and other "riding" toys.

Lucas enjoying a beer after a bike ride at Walnut Creek

Bo doing what he does best

Lounging in the pool on a hot day

Lunch at Baby A's
It was a nice visit. I look forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment