Sunday, September 1, 2013

Rock Star in the Kitchen

Busy day today!! After our usual morning routines....checking e-mails and taking care of business issues, morning run with the dog and Toby, preparing breakfast and sending Toby off to the shop I got to 'work' myself.

The pool was looking REALLY nice this morning as I did a couple of yard chores. Toby had recently vacuumed it so it was sparkling and it was also a hot, sunny day. As I worked, I lusted after it and envisioned myself floating on my raft looking up at the sky making pictures out of the clouds and listening to the local birds as I usually do when I'm in the pool alone.

I also know that soon it will be getting cooler. I resisted diving in because I knew how much I needed to get done inside the house. I have a tendency of letting time get away with me when I'm lounging in the pool so I made a deal with myself that I would get my inside chores done quickly so I could come back out and lounge freely.

It never happened. Tomorrow Skye and I are getting together with some friends we haven't seen in awhile and the next day we are leaving on an overnight trip to Galveston. There was a lot to get done before my mental and physical absence for the next couple of days. I never found the time to squeeze in my much anticipated dip in the pool.

So, since I will be having to leave out early tomorrow morning to meet up with friends I wanted to have our breakfast already prepped, ready to just pop in the microwave for a re-heat.

Spinach Mushroom Quiche smells so good coming out of the oven I had to use my willpower not to cut into it and sample a piece!! I hope it tastes as good as it looks and smells....


After I cleaned up after meal prep I started on the next meal. This is a variation I made of the Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps. I sometimes improvise depending on the ingredients I have on hand and there were some ingredients in my fridge that I wanted to use up before they went bad.

Instead of making this into a wrap as the original recipe calls for,  I made them into tacos. I added sour cream into the tacos and topped them with some shredded cheese and salsa. Yes, we do eat A LOT of Tex Mex in our home....


Next, is a favorite of both Skye and Toby. I usually only get to eat a couple of these Gluten Free Favorite Chicken Nuggets because they get devoured as soon as they are made. Matter of fact, I didn't even get a pic of them before they were gone before my eyes!!

It was a VERY busy day in the kitchen but I am looking forward to the next couple of days being more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment