Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Random Moments

Every so often we have family 'movie night' along with Jiffy Pop popcorn. We started the Jiffy Pop tradition a few years ago when Skye was younger. She used to like making it with Toby, watching it slowly bulge into that huge foil ball and dispersing it into the individual popcorn cups. She would sometimes even set up a makeshift snack counter and 'sell' candy bars and chips to me and Toby before the movie. Now that she's older she rarely joins us for movie night anymore.

Toby still holds the tradition and makes us the Jiffy Pop. For the first time ever the jiffy pop foil POPPED!! It almost became a small disaster when all the popcorn that had exploded out started to catch fire on top of the stove. It put a little amusement into our movie night.....


I made these Baked Cheddar Broccoli Cups last week. They are really easy to make and even Skye eats them up without even making note of the broccoli in them.....


I also made this Chicken Corn Chowder recipe I got out of my monthly Texas Co-op Power Magazine. This one was a hit with Toby. He was asking for more after it was all gone....and he's the one that ate the most of it.

Skye enjoying some ice cream with her friends after a hot September afternoon swim in the pool.....


Hiking in the woods behind our house.....


Me. Obsessed with making the best of the hiking season this year. My favorite times of year to hike are the fall and spring. I LOVE hiking and I don't get to do it near as much as I would like. I'm working on changing that. I still have so many unexplored trails in Central Texas I have my sights on. I have dreams of my own also....


Bo got into the woods behind us the other night and had a "kill". Another armadillo bit the dust. He came in with blood all over him and a look of satisfaction in his eyes. Bad dog.

At least it gave the Vultures, Buzzards, and Caracaras a feast. They spent their time lurking on our back fence and rooftop for a couple of days feasting.....


My backyard sunset obsession....


I wish I could lay my ass on the recliner all day snoozing after somebody took me for a morning run, fed me twice a day, gave me plentiful snacks, frequently loved and petted on me, and ended the day with an evening walk. The joys of being a rescued pet....



No comments:

Post a Comment