Monday, September 16, 2013

Pioneer Farms

Last Friday was homeschool day at the Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farms. I was really on the fence about whether I was going to force Skye to go or not. We have been a few times in the past and she has never liked it. Not that she hated it, she just never really enjoyed it unless she was with friends.

To each his own, but there are just a few Austin attractions that have never intrigued me or Skye. Pioneer Farms is one of those places. In their defense, they are fully engaged in the function of the farm, friendly and informative, and they do try to make your visit enjoyable. I guess it's safe to say that I'm just not really that into farm history.

Despite my ho hum experience with the farm I keep going every so often just to be supportive and in hopes that it will somehow be different the next time.

Well, this time it was just a wee bit different...or maybe in the past I had just never noticed the path that leads down in a loop around to the creek. It was awesome. Older trees and lots of shade. Being out in nature, a path, and a creek and you have won my heart...




Aside from the path down to the creek most of the farm is not shaded and it was a hot day. After we emerged from the shaded trail, we made our tour of the rest of the farm a quickie.....









No comments:

Post a Comment