Saturday, April 19, 2014

Fort Worth Mini Vacation

After an easy and uneventful 3 hour drive we rolled into Ft. Worth early Tuesday afternoon. I was impressed with the hotel and the room view.....

Definitely too cold to swim yet, but nice.


We dumped our luggage and Bo off at the hotel and headed to the first place on our itinerary, the Stockyards.

But first, we grabbed a late lunch at Habaneros's in the Stockyard then explored around a bit before the cattle drive began....





There were plenty of museums in the stockyard, but el cheapo I wasn't willing to pay for any of them as late in the day as we arrived. I'm pretty sure we didn't miss much.

Finally, the cattle drive began. It was enjoyable but I guess I was expecting a rush of cattle busting through with a cowboy on a horse with a whip behind yelling "yahhhh". I guess I watched too much GUNSMOKE as a kid....



Next, we checked out Billy Bob's. I have an affection for Honky Tonk's and immediately upon entrance had the urge to sit down with a JD and coke and listen to some music with good company. If there is a such thing as a past life, I'm pretty sure whatever life I had revolved around a bar room.....




The Wall of Fame in Billy Bob's.....





That evening Skye and I utilized the fitness room and explored the premises. Just before dusk Toby and I took Bo for his potty break. There was a nice paved trail behind the hotel which is a plus when traveling with a pet.....




We all took a vote and decided on the Ft. Worth Zoo for the next day....






Zoo Train Ride


Last day there we had to decide on something Bo could do with us since we would be headed home. I chose the Fort Worth Water Garden.



Bo says "Hell no, you're not taking me down there!"







Ft. Worth appears to be a nice city and moves at a much slower pace than Austin. Two observations we made while in Ft. Worth:  1. There are A LOT of train tracks and trains 2. The roads are in deplorable condition.


No comments:

Post a Comment