Friday, May 8, 2015

Independence Day! (From July 2007)

Even though the day was mostly rainy it couldn't have been more perfect.....it was one of those rare times that everyone in my very small family was together at one time. The day started off pretty early because of the threat of rain. My two brothers and their family, my elderly grandmother, Toby, Lucas, Summer and I met at my dads for a family cookout. The rain started to move in and the girls decided that they had not had enough of each other so the girls ended up coming back to the house with us. On the way home, with 3 girls in the backseat, we knew why we had opted to have only one child together. :-) Thank goodness for Megan, my brother's daughter and the oldest of the gang, she was the activity coordinator. Charlie, Toby's younger brother, arrived shortly after we got home and we celebrated the holiday again with more food and grilling. Since it rained, most of the firework displays were cancelled, but that didn't seem to stop anyone from having their own personal firework displays!

UPDATE: Oddly, I can't remember much about this day and there were no pictures uploaded to help spark the memory.....

No comments:

Post a Comment