Thursday, October 11, 2018

Seguin

Today me and my friend Robin took a trip to Seguin, Texas to enter some of our stuff into the Guadalupe County State Fair. Robin had canned preserves and I had crochet items.

It's the first time I've ever entered anything into a county fair, so I'm pretty excited to see if I'll get any recognition for my handicraft. If not, o'well it's not going to stop me.

About a year ago, Robin moved out to a plot of land in Bastrop where they built them a nice home. I love the idea of country living, but I'm a catch 22 because I also hate driving and inconvenience.

Robin's horses, Scout, Moses and Opie. Opie, the solid brown one is the oldest....



Luckily, Robin drove so I could site see. We passed a farm of gazelles. I didn't want to think about why there might be gazelles in Central Texas. They were beautiful to watch and bounced away when we pulled near to photo them....
 


Robin's dog Lucy Blue went with us. She's spunky and moves around a lot, so the photo I got of her was blurry...


Last time I was in Seguin I was a teenager, when I stayed with my aunt and uncle for a couple of months. I recognized a couple of things, and I really wanted to do a bit more exploring in the city, but we didn't have time.

We got to the fairgrounds and entered our projects....



Juan Sequin's burial spot was right behind the fairgrounds...



After we entered our projects, we took Lucy to a nearby dog park to reward her for having to sit in the truck and wait for us. A dog park would be a disaster for Bo, but Lucy has very good social skills..


It was a nice day, and I enjoyed hanging out with Robin and having a little 'girl time'.

I will have to return on Sunday to pick up my items from the fair.


No comments:

Post a Comment