Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day - Day Six


Gosh I can't believe it has already been six days since Lucas arrived...I guess time does flies when you're having fun.

And as usual I have spent most of my day trying not to think of the inevitable. I think I may be getting a little use to it though...or at least better at sucking up my emotions. Either way, when I look back on the year I have managed to see him 3 times....that's pretty good I would say, or at least the best we can do for the moment of now and what I use to make myself feel better. Nobody likes a mom that's an emotional basket case like I was the first time he came to visit.

Anyway, on with Christmas Day. Of course my daughter woke up with a fever and sore throat. I don't know what it is, but ever since we got back from Alabama she has been sick on and off with various ailments. Hopefully it's just a passing thing and she will get back to her normal self soon.

After we finally got up and moving around we opened presents. With Summer not feeling well it kinda put a damper on any outdoor activity we might have done so we just hung out at the house. Later on during the day Toby and Lucas did go play disc golf at the park up the road.

Looking back, I don't think it really bothered any of us to be just hanging out at the house, eating, watching movies, and just plain spending time together......which is mostly what we did all week. In my opinion, it was a great week and I think all my family members would agree.

Toby and Lucas playing with Summer's Magnetex with her.....they ALL love to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment