Friday, April 6, 2012

Galavanting Bastrop, Texas

Just right outside of Austin is a small town called Bastrop. In my opinion Bastrop is very visually attractive. I'm not sure if it's the small rolling hills or the fact of the more greener vegetation in the area. Mostly tall pine trees which you don't see very often in the other areas of Austin.

Monday, my friend Robin who owns some 30 acres of property in Bastrop invited me and Sum to explore her land.  Of course I jumped at the chance and didn't have to do much prodding to get Summer to tag along.

Once we got to the land I could see why they picked the slice of pie they did. It's a beautiful, quite place to build a home and raise all her herd of animals...and even walk around naked if her and her hubby so choose to do. :-)

Here are some highlights of our nature walk:







Here is Jake, Robin's best friend, cooling off in a pool of water.....


Next Robin took me to view the devastation of the Bastrop wildfires that were sparked from a blown down power wire from high winds onto land that had not seen rain for a very long time. To end our day we stopped in to a local thrift store...mine and Robin's favorite pastime..not so much Summer's but it will still a fun day for us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment