Saturday, April 6, 2013

Life Happens

Gosh, it's been so long since I have posted that I had to go back and see where I had left off.  For the past couple of weeks it seems like every time I sit down to post something would come up...Skye would need help with something, Lucas would call to chat, something else needed priority, or, like last night, my computer was acting up and I couldn't get on the Internet.

Anyway, here I am now...finally. I know there has been anything IMPORTANT missed so I will try and summarize as best as I can.

I have spent a good bit of my time planning and preparing meals lately. With Toby's new dietary needs grabbing a quick burger or some Chinese like we used to do is a thing of the past. He also can't grab a burger while he's at work anymore so I have to not only have menus planned for home but also make sure he has something to take to work to eat. It's 'round the clock cooking and meal planning for me now.  I won't lie, it is a bit daunting at times but on the flip side I do find the challenge slightly exciting.

It has gotten easier for us both and at times it's even fun. For example, when we went to the lake a couple of weeks ago we brought along a package of Wholly Guacamole and some tortilla chips, nuts, and fruits which we shared  amongst the three of us for lunch. Just last week, when we were getting new tires put on the car at Sam's we got hungry so we bought one of those Rotisserie chickens in the deli section and stole some plastic ware and napkins from the snack section to eat it with in the car. I also always have to be mindful to bring along snacks in the car when we go off for the day. Nowadays eating out is a picnic in the car.

The whole experience has been worth it to see the difference in the way Toby, looks, acts and feels now.

I take a lot of pics on my phone. Here we are hanging out in Sam's while they put new tires on my car...


This is a gluten-free pizza I made. It tasted good. I'm not really sure why I took the pic of my breakfast the other morning other than to maybe show Toby that breakfast CAN BE SIMPLE and does not always require chopping and cooking!!!



I have absolutely no idea why I took this pic, but I'm sure there was a reason at the time!!


...nor this pic....


I've spent a few of my evenings using up some of my scrap fabric on quilt tops. For whatever reason Bo likes to "own" my quilts while I'm working on them. I"m glad someone appreciates them anyway....


Groceries are expensive.  I have been trying to regrow some of our favorites...green onion, romaine lettuce, basil...

I took Bo for our morning run at the park this morning. I spotted a Bluebonnet patch and had him pose for me. Luckily I brought along treats so it was an easy task to get his full attention...


Tiptoeing through the bluebonnets


I also spied this blooming tree that is common in Central Texas. I had someone tell me what the name of it was once but it had a weird name so I can't remember it....


My life has been pretty mundane lately, but strangely enough I have been enjoying my day to day boring life.

1 comment:

  1. The food looks amazing! I bet they taste great too. I see you had an amazing day and I also plan on doing something like this whenever I get time off from work. Good job on getting new tires as well because they serve as shoes to your car. Having new tires will certainly give you a different feel in handling and will give you confidence that you wouldn't encounter any trouble while on the road. Stay safe and good day! :)

    Rita McCall

    ReplyDelete