Thursday, March 27, 2014

Now Where Was I?

Been extra busy lately. I don't even know where I left off with my last post and I certainly don't have time to go back and research. Hopefully I won't reiterate anything.

I'll just begin with the last week. With Nixxin (our artist) temporarily out I've been having to help Toby out at the shop. I feel more sorry for Toby than I do myself but it's all part of running your own shop. I'm grateful that we are profiting but quite honestly I look forward to reaping the rewards of the profit with a nice getaway. Bluntly, I want a vacation and I'm pretty sure Toby agrees he could use one too.

Skye's birthday is Friday the 28th but with Toby having to be at work all day Friday we opted to celebrate it on Tuesday, his day off.

She requested no fancy celebration and was happy to get a couple of cupcakes from Hey Cupcake. Toby can't help her eat a cake and I DON'T WANT NEED any cake....


I think she was super impressed with her gift, the Ipad Mini. I guarantee not near as impressed as I was. I now have mine all to myself!!....


To disguise her gift and bulk the box up I filled it with balloons filled with cash. Cash is always impressive to teenagers....


We also got her a new bike which we gave to her early also. She spent three days straight riding with her neighborhood friends.

Skye likes to bake so she made these (while I minimally assisted) GF Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. GF baking is still a mystery to me but they turned out pretty good. HINT: They taste much better fresh....


I've spent my spare evening hours working on this Beachcomber afghan. I love the colors and the stitch. It's been my favorite to crochet so far.  If I had known I was going to like it so well I would have made it big enough to fit my bed...or Skye's. She called dibs on it she liked it so well....


I got camera happy the other day and took my phone outside.....


Bo spent his time stalking the gecko's that live underneath my yucca's. I don't know how he hasn't put his eyes out yet...


My favorite girl enjoying the sunshine....


I'm a morning person. My favorite time of day is when I get up before everyone else,  make my cup of coffee, turn on my computer and watch the sun rise over the rooftops and contemplate my day.....



No comments:

Post a Comment