Monday, March 31, 2014

Wildflower Walk

This morning I had a mission. Wildflowers are in bloom and I wanted some pictures of the beautiful, blooming Bluebonnets. It was an overcast morning so I wanted to make sure I got to the park before the sun decided to beam through. I don't like to photograph in the full sun because it seems to bleed the color out of my photos.

I took Bo with me so we could kill two birds with one stone...a morning run and a photo session. I usually let Bo run off leash when we are at the park because it's so deserted. That said, I was still a little nervous about being focused on photographing with him roaming free. He's like a kid. I can't take my eye off of him too long or he may spot a wild animal or another dog and take chase.

I finally decided that it would be safest to tie him to the park fencing while I was distracted.

My photos didn't turn out as well as what I wanted them to. Next time I will go by myself with no other agenda so I can take more time out photographing...


Indian Paintbrush also




I love to see the people I love happy and Bo is no exception! The happiest I see him is when he is running free in the park or swimming in the creek....


I caught this crow in the tree fussing at Bo...must have been some babies close by...


This is one of the many entrances to the disc golf course. I generally walk this path when I'm in a woods walking mood. You can't tell it from this pic, but when I came upon it I thought of the entrance into the woods of Hansel and Gretel....


Have I told you how much I love this park that's only mere minutes from my house??? It seems that lately I am growing even more fond of it. It just screams peace and quite, something I seem to crave more and more the older I get.

The LOVE SHACK maybe???


After I wore Bo out I took him to a Bluebonnet patch for his yearly wildflower photo....

Yes, I am beautiful. 
On the way back home, there were some cows at the fence so I stopped and took a few photos. This calf was curious and was the only one not to flee when I stopped......

Interestingly he resembles Bo
I enjoyed my morning!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment