Friday, March 14, 2014

The Visitor

It's been over 5 years since we have seen Toby's little - not so little anymore - brother Charlie. Last time we saw him is when he flew to Austin for a short visit when we first moved here.

I consider Charlie to be one of the few close extended family members we have. When Toby and I were first together Toby, Charlie, Lucas and I lived together as a family for awhile. We also spent a lot of time together when we all lived in Mobile. As annoying as I may find him to be at times, he's as much my brother as he is Toby's. That said, I can take him only in small doses because of his lively personality.

He drove from North Alabama where he had over a 12 hour drive. He was understandably pooped by the time he made it to the house.....


By the time he arrived, Toby was still at the shop working. I made us an adult beverage and we caught up on family gossip and reminisced on old memories.

Charlie spent most of his week in Austin searching out job prospects. Like us, he came to the realization that Alabama has nothing big to offer in his line of work. I have my fingers crossed for him.

Toby on the right, me in the middle, Charlie on the right
It was a pleasant visit. I have to admit I miss his presence a bit...just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment