Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Fair February

Most of February was spent dodging cold weather. I regret to say that I have grown to let the weather dominate my agenda.

Now that accessible technology makes it possible for me to accurately predict what the weather will be for the week - or day - ahead of time I find that I have become a prisoner to it.

Not many years ago, before the use of my weather app, I lived a more spontaneous life hoping for the best on an outing.  If it was winter I brought along a coat, spring and fall would warrant layered clothing, summer..well, for me a tank top, flip flops, shorts, and sunglasses did the job.

Heck, I'll be honest, I just find sitting inside my cozy home on a cold day more comforting than romping around in Austin traffic. Although cold, February did have its pluses. Gridlock Tattoo is holding its own and gaining more new customers and recognition as the months pass thanks to my very talented and personable hubby. We also received an unexpected check in the mail with a substantial mortgage decrease. Surprises in the mail are always welcomed with a sense of gratitude.

Other February happenings....

Although we don't officially celebrate Valentine's Day, Skye used it as an excuse to make a chocolate cake..we made it gluten-free so Toby could partake also....


I crocheted this basket with some scrap yarn....


.....and experimented crocheting an "Easter Egg"...


Bo and his odd positions. He never ceases to entertain....


An early morning meander in the park. I'm in love with my solitary walks in the park...


Toby is a master at finding 4 leaf clovers. He got double lucky finding a whole patch of 5 leaf clovers on one of our morning walks......


I can't resist a sunset....



More crochet. I just found out my Houston cousin is "with child" again. I have to admit I cringed a bit and was more glad it was her than me. Despite the fact, I will delight in my role as the avid baby gift giver....

crochet lovey


We had a lot of ice this year. I won't miss it when the winter is over. It practically killed every form of vegetation in my yard...but the weeds, of course.


Oh yeah, I got an inkling to sew on my machine one evening and whipped up this quick and easy plastic bag dispenser from fabric scraps. I mostly use reusable shopping bags but every once in a while I 'forget' them so I can stockpile the plastic ones for garbage can liners.


I'm ready for March which will bring spring and mini vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment