Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Field Trip to the Falls

Since the weather has warmed up a little, I have been trying to plan at least one outing a week. Today we took a trip to McKinny Falls. It's just the oddest thing to me that a city can accomodate a whole "forest" inside a central city area.

The landscape around here is so different that I can't stop looking at it. It's really grassie and prairie-like, but yet there is SO much rock..limestone. I would have to say that Alabama has a much prettier landscape, but Austin's beauty seems to attract me more because of it's endless scenery that seems surround you from all corners. In Alabama you have to go "looking" for the outdoors....in Austin, it's in front of your face everywhere you go.

I guess it's hard to give a visual about a place. Anyway, McKinny Falls is going on my list of places to visit more than once. The falls were not as "falling" as they were suppose to be because it hasn't done much raining around here lately. There was ALOT of rock. Rock was everywhere, but the water is a really pretty green color around here.

Here are a few pics from the day:


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous place! It's funny how large cities do that...have wilderness smack in the middle of the city! We've got that too in Cincinnati. Oh yeah..congratulations on your good neighbours! I know you can really appreciate the good ones after living in your old neighbourhood! I know Summer is thrilled to have a friend next door!

    ReplyDelete