Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our New Neighbors

Since our neighborhood is a new subdivision, a few of the houses are still empty. That includes the houses on each side of us. We will never have any neighbors behind us because of the greenbelt, which is fine with me.....that will cut down on the chance of having a nuisance neighbor. :-)

Anyway, last week someone started to move into the house to our left. Of course considering my last neighbor experience I was very observant as to who they were. I observed by peeping out the window whenever I got the chance....now I know what a voyeur feels like.

I could see it was a family of 2 kids...a little boy and a little girl who looked to be about Summer's age. Of course, my heart soared with the excitement that Summer may have a playmate her age!

Well, this morning our doorbell rang and it was the neighbor dad from next door wanting to climb on our roof and retrieve a frisbee that had landed on our roof. That's when we met his little girl, Leslie. She is 7 years old.

We had errands to run for the day, but when we got home Summer and I ended up meeting the new neighbors at the park up the road. The girls hit it off immediately and I enjoyed the parents company. The mom "Olivia" is spanish and her husband....I don't remember his name, is "white".

It's so nice to live in a neighborhood where you at least have the chance of having a nice neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment