Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sick Days

The last few days have been filled with cold viruses. I guess Summer and I managed to get Toby's cold. Alas, we have all tried to make the best of it by getting some fresh air, a little rest, and as much sunshine as we can.

My plan was to make it to the Austin's Children's Museum on Tues. The first Tues. of every month is set aside for families AND you can get in for free. Due to Summer and I having colds, plans didn't turn out the way I planned. In reality we could have gone, but I really didn't think that it was a good idea to go into a children's museum with cold germs spreading them everywhere.

So, we decided to go to Zilker Park (where they film Austin City Limits is filmed) and ride the train. The train takes you for a sightseeing tour all the way around the park. I was really looking forward to doing something that would just let me sit and relax and enjoy the 80 degree day without much moving around. Unfortunately, when we got there the train was being "maintained" for the day.....figures.

So, since Summer obviously didn't feel as bad as I did, we trekked a round the park instead. At the park there is what they call the natural springs pool. It was so warm that there were a few people in there swimming. My daughter would have been one of them if she had a suit. Instead, she rolled her pants up and waded in it as much as possible. I had my camera on me in the car, but felt much to weak to trek back to the car and grab it for some winter time swimming photos.

While Summer was wading I took a few minutes to lay down on the limestone rock and absorb some of the warm sun. It's amazing what the sun can do to make you feel better. I've always called the sun "GOD". Now I know where the ancient people get the term "Sun God" from. The sun definitely has healing powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment