Thursday, March 20, 2008

Makes You Think!

We have a community paper that comes out once a week and this was submitted by a Manor resident. Being the black sheep that I always have been, I really loved the message behind it.


MAKES YOU THINK!

I was shocked, confused, and bewildered
As I entered Heavens door.
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or it's decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp,
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alchoholics, the backsliders and crack heads
Were all sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?"
I would love to hear your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

"And why's everyone so quiet,
So somber? Give me a clue."
"Hush child," said He, "they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you."

Judge NOT.

2 comments:

  1. Hee, hee! LOVE the poem! I'm gonna have to save this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good poem! Reading your blog makes me happy you're so happy!------------Aimey

    ReplyDelete