Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tuesday August 11, 2009

I think today was probably the highlight of Lucas's trip to Austin. Being an avid cyclist himself he is a really big fan of Lance Armstrong so we headed downtown so he could check out Lance's cycling store, Mellow Johnny's.

Although I am not a cyclist of any sort, I was rather impressed with the store myself. There was a little more to it than what I thought it would be.

After Lucas collected a few souvenirs from the bike shop, we decided to take an afternoon dip in Barton Springs. As usual the water felt wonderful....and cold. Although, Lucas had seen the pool before, this was the first time he was able to swim in it. Lucas and Toby were having so much fun jumping off the diving board that Summer even decided to take the plunge.....



As luck would have it, as I was trying to video Lucas and Toby's dives my camera decided it needed some fresh batteries which were not easily accessible to me at the time.

After our swim we were getting hungry so we decided to treat Lucas to some tasty Texas barbecue at one of our favorite's the Southside Market in Elgin. It was delicious as usual and Lucas seemed to be pretty impressed. If I can just keep impressing him every time he visits maybe I can eventually lure him......

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a POOL? It looks like a lake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ruralmama, you're on seeing about 1/5th of the pool. See here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barton_Springs Spring fed, it flows an average of 31 million gallons a day. A very nice swimmin' hole, wouldn't you say?

    ReplyDelete