Saturday, May 3, 2008

Summer The Panhandler

It seems this larger city may be having a negative influence on my daughter. The other day we were out and about at lunchtime so we decided we were going to grab a bite somewhere. Toby made a suggestion and Summer chimed in with her restaurant suggestion with much intsistence. We have a normal habit of taking turns suggesting places to eat with Summer usually bucking anyplace but her choice.

Anyway, I informed her when she got a job and was able to pay for the meal she could choose the restaurant to eat. She then told me that it would be easy to get the money by standing on the corner with a cardboard sign.....like everybody else.

In the next few days I caught her on the stairs laying under a blanket. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was being a homeless street person. Here is a visual of her homeless:


I guess these are just a couple of the negative influences a larger city can have on an innocent child. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee!! I guess this darned economy is having adverse effects on everyone! :-) Thanks for the laugh...I'm still giggling!!

    ReplyDelete