Sunday, July 20, 2008

Family Day

My mind works in overdrive here. There are SO many things to see and do in not only Austin but in the whole central Texas area. My hobby these days is researching interesting sites and logging them on a list of "my 1000 places to see before I die".

Unfortunately with Toby's one off day a week comes certain chores.....like getting him a haircut and some other tid bit stuff he had to do that could not be done during the week.

After we got our "chores" done in Austin we grabbed a bite to eat and headed back home. What better thing to do on a hot Texas day but swim in the neighborhood pool. Evertime I go to that pool I love it more. It is never crowded and it's 3 minutes from our house.

On the way to the pool I wanted to get a little sightseeing in so we took the "long way" to the pool.

Here is a pic of a "Ghost Town" here in Manor. Toby and I haven't quite figured out what this really is yet. They advertise food, music, and special events but we can't seem to find any info on it. And of course, everytime we stop in to ask questions, there is no one there......just like a ghost town.



Here is a pic of some Texas longhorns. The longhorn is a very popular symbol here. It's all over T-shirts and cars. I think it has something to do with the UT sports team.


This pic is of a place that is very intrigueing to me. Unless you were raised in a family that was very car oriented it would probably not strike your attention. It's a junkyard on Hog Eye Road. What makes it unusual to me is that most of the cars here are very old vehicles. I couldn't really get a good pic without tresspassing so hopefully you can see a glimpse of the yard.


A little while after we got to the pool our neighbors on the other side of us arrived.......not to be mistaken as the neighbors of the two kids that Summer usually plays with. It was nice to have some company at the pool.

After a couple of hours I felt myself scorching so it was time to go home and enjoy the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment