Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday at Blunn Creek

One of my favorite outdoor activities is hiking and lately I have been getting a good itch to tramp around in the woods. We had a bout of triple digit temps here in June but the temps have toned down to the lower 90's. Still no rain though.

So with the slightly cooler temps I thought it would be a good idea to do a little exploring. We went to a place called Blunn Creek Preserve. It runs along the mouth of a 80 million year old volcano. At one time all of this area was covered by ocean and it's so cool to still see evidence of that all over the ground.

We only took a little tour of the area because Toby doesn't like hiking around in the heat. I guess I expected to see an actual volcano hole but this is what we got when we got to the top.


There was some pretty cool rock there and I collected a few samples for Summer's rock collection. I didn't get to see as much as what I wanted to see so this is one of those places I will be back to explore.......when the weather cools off.



Toby wanted to get back and jump in the park pool so that's how we spent the rest of of our day. I would love to have several more hours in the day to do all the things that I would love to do here.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at Toby's arm in that last pic. just how many tatoos does that boy have now. is he just bored and drawing on his arms at work or what. :)

    ReplyDelete