Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012

A few days ago Lucas arrived for the holidays so I haven't had a chance to do much updating. We had a great Christmas day. This year I came up with this idea that we draw names within our family then we would to go to the Dollar Tree and spend $5 on that person. It didn't matter what we chose, it could be practical, silly, or a gag gift. I think Summer had the most fun with the idea.

I drew Toby's name and this is what I came up with...


Summer chose fake nails and a glow in the dark pitch fork amongst some candy for me...


One of Lucas's gifts was some warming gel. I think he got a kick out of it....


Toby chose Summer's name so she got mostly goodies. I've always heard that people tend to give gifts that they would like to receive....

Even Bo got a little gift from Santa this year.....
Since I couldn't muster up much Christmas spirit this year, I decided to make it easy on myself and not try to mind read what my kids wanted for Christmas and just give them a couple of small gifts to open and MONEY!! I knew I couldn't go wrong with money.

Here are a few more random pics of Christmas morning....





I believe I got the best Christmas gift of all this year. Toby has always been an excellent gift giver but he outdid himself this year. Since we have moved to Austin I have taken on a love for the Grackles. They are the most beautiful bird with their golden eyes and shimmering plumage. They also make the oddest call I have ever heard a bird make and are so intelligent I have seen them actually watch the crosswalk signs before they cross the street in the busy streets of downtown. They are truly an interesting bird.

For awhile now I had been telling Toby how I would love to have him paint me some Grackles to hang on the wall. That's what he gave me for Christmas. They turned out beautifully!!!! Although the ones he gave me are framed here is a pic of them before they were framed. I couldn't get a good pic of them in the frames because of the glare of the glass and I didn't want anything to take away the beauty of them in a photo. He used this shimmering paint on their feathers to give it the glistening they have in the sun. Truly beautiful!!!...

Our Christmas dinner was very non-traditional. Steaks cooked on the grill with baked potato and our choice of beverage.
And some family photos.....





Other than the freezing-ass cold, dreary weather it was a wonderful Christmas day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment