Friday, December 21, 2012

Spirit of Life

I got up early this morning and headed to the grocery store so the cupboards would be full when Lucas arrives late tonight.

As it usually happens on more winter holidays than not, someone ends up sick. Toby started out snorting and snotting a couple of days ago and Summer woke up with a headache and sore throat this morning. Not sure if it's allergy related or a cold virus..neither one of them have a fever.

Even so, I have been trying to avoid their germs like the plague. I'm the last one in the house that needs to be ailing. I don't get to lay around and relax and be tended to when I'm sick. I have to trudge on and still do everything that needs to be done...or else.  My  job doesn't allow sick days nor does anyone really 'baby' me when I'm sick because they see me still doing laundry, cleaning and cooking so they assume that I must be okay. Gotta love family..

So most of my day has been consumed with...you guessed it..laundry, cooking, nurse maid, cleaning, etc.

At least I have something to look forward to this week. ;-)

Here is my winter solice photo of the day taken from my backyard.




No comments:

Post a Comment