Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tee-Time's Winterfest

Our weekend, for the most part, was spent spending money. There is an old saying "when it rains it pours". Well, thank goodness it has only been sprinkling around here.

As you know we have been surviving on one vehicle for a year now. It really has not been all that bad...you adjust to whatever circumstances life throws you. Now with Toby having a new tattoo job and still keeping his job at Siddons part time his hours are going to be very hard to work one car around.

Lately we have been in search of a second vehicle, preferably something that can fit more than groceries in the back...e.g. truck, hatchback, etc. I can't name the times that we have needed to carry something in the trunk of my old faithful Subaru only to find that no matter which way we turned it, it would not fit in the trunk OR in the backseat.

At this moment we have not had any luck in finding something that is what we are looking for at the right price. I still have my fingers crossed that something will come along at just the right time and not a moment before.

Also, without going into boring details, Toby had to buy a tattoo chair for his new job to the tune of a few hundred dollars...not cheap, and I ended up having to buy a new computer because mine finally decided it was time to cross to the other side. There goes the savings account. O'well what other purpose is money for...to spend it when you need it.:-)

Sunday we decided on small town fun. Manor was having their annual Tee-Time Winterfest. There are two golf courses here in Manor and every time I drive by them I have an urge to "tee off". Unfortunately my golfing expertise is restricted to putt putt so I stay out of the "real" golfers way.

We did join in the Winterfest fun though. There was the usual things like games, jumpies, petting zoos, etc.

Here are some pics of the day:








As you can tell the petting zoo was Summer's favorite. The fireworks display wasn't to start until 7:00p.m and we didn't want to hang around that long to watch so we went home. Later on while I was on my computer I could hear the boom from the fireworks. It turned out we could see the display quite well right from the comforts of our front yard. :-)

It was a very long fireworks display....so long that we all grew bored of it and went inside.

Toby will begin his first day at Atomic Tattoo. I hope he has hit the tattoo jackpot at this shop....only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya on the computer trouble and living with one vehicle! Sucks, but not enough to make me go to work yet!

    ReplyDelete