Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bull Creek

Today was our only day a week that we are able to do family activities, that is until Toby's two week notice is up with Siddons. Siddons likes him so well they talked him into doing subcontract welding for them on a "as need" basis. It's never a good idea to burn bridges so he agreed.

On with the day. I started feeling a slight fever and stuffy nose last night. Knowing tomorrow morn was family day, I took a warm bath and relaxed the rest of the evening. When I awoke this morning I had a full blown sinus headache, sneezing and runny nose. ICK! Ailing is bad enough when you're a mom with tasks that won't wait, but on my only family day! No way, I was not going to tolerate it.

I immediately made me a strong cup of coffee and swallowed a few ibuprofen for breakfast. After about an hour I was feeling much better from my drug overdose. :-)

Our destination was Bull Creek. We had been to Bull Creek before but had only hiked one end of it. Today we started at the opposite end of where we had been before and discovered there was a park there.

There were many large rocks that Summer was having a blast climbing. The pics I take can never capture the steepness of the rocks that she maneuvers with ease. Of course, I am a nervous wreck while she's climbing around....especially when she's on the ones that are right on the edge of the cliff down to the creek.






Have a seat and relax Toby:







Toby and Summer having stick races in the water gutters:




Summer wanted to try her hand at outdoor photography. Here is her shot of Toby and I..



Time to go!



The temperature was in the mid 80's today. Thankfully it was cloudy and the wind was blowing as usual. Otherwise we would have scorched in this Texas sun.

There is more to our day but I am choosing to break it down into two different posts..stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, did you know that 4 over the counter ibupro's are equal to prescription strength? I take 4! lol

    Love your stories & photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day...love all the pictures. Looks like a great place to visit, relax and play.

    Summer did a great job snapping a shot of you and the tobster...made me laugh as I felt I could since you saying something smart-assed by the crook in your smile :~) I always like that about you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to finally 'see' you again in Summer's picture! Tell her to keep practicing her photography skills!

    ReplyDelete