Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Play Day

We had a pretty productive day today. We finally dug up some Boxwood shrubs out of the front flowerbed. We really didn't understand the landscaping mentality of putting two different sets of shrubs in the same space right against each other, but that's how it was done when we bought our house.

I don't like Boxwoods...I don't like anything that needs to be trimmed or groomed into a certain shape. I did my best to find a place to relocate them, but couldn't find anywhere in the back yard they could go. Toby ended up taking them down to the builders in the new section of the neighborhood in hopes they would put them to good use.

Later in the day, Toby and Summer went and had some dad and daughter time at Austin's Park while I had mom time at the Goodwill. Although I enjoyed the time to myself, I don't seem to get the same enjoyment out of Goodwill and Thrift stores that I used to.

In Austin, the clothes seem to cost as much as brand new ones at Walmart and Target and you have to dig deeper to find what you like and your size. It has become more of a hassle to Thrift store shop now. Too many other activities here to waste my time in the Goodwill. :-)

After about an hour in the Goodwill I had had enough fun. I headed back to Austin's Park to hang out with Toby and Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment