Friday, November 6, 2009

San Antonio Zoo

That's where our field trip was today..the San Antonio Zoo. I was really unsure and wishy-washy about the trip. As bad as I wanted a road trip, I wasn't sure if I wanted to take one in a car without a/c. It's still very warm here during the day and when the sun is out it can get pretty toasty inside the car.

I finally decided to suck it up and proceed with the trip. Nobody else seemed to be worried about having no a/c in the car. After all, it was either miss out on a whole day of fun and endure the heat for the hour drive, or stay at home folding laundry and cooking.

I'm glad I decided to take the trip because we had a blast. We never did have any issues with the heat because we left early enough that it was still cool and returned home late enough that the sun was setting.

Here are some pics of our day:



Summer and this bird were really connecting. The bird sat there and "talked" to her for a while.



I love it when I can see that Summer is still a kid at heart....





Here is Summer feeding the Lori's nectar - this was probably the highlight of the zoo:



The Lori's really liked Toby. I told him it was because they thought his arm with all it's color was a tree:



Yes, a great day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment