Sunday, April 25, 2010

Play By Play Sunday

Today I:

Woke up at 7:00a.m but didn't roll on out of the bed until 7:20. Made coffee. Let the dog out and checked my e-mail.

After my adventure of hill climbing at Pedernalis the other day, I decided that I am not as in shape as I need to be for the hill climbing I love to do....and I plan on doing plenty of it in the next couple of months.

So this morning, as in every morning for the past few days I have made an early morning bike ride or walk.

Halfway through my walk this morning, I by chance met up with one of my neighbors on her daily morning walk. Don't get me wrong, this particular neighbor is one of my favorite neighbors, but I prefer to "exercise" solo. I use this time to reflect and "meditate" if you will.

Once I got back from my walk the sleepy heads had awoken and it was time for me to get to work preparing breakfast.

Around 11:00a.m I got a call from a girl that I had been exchanging e-mails with the past week. She was more than a little interested in buying my Subaru. When I first posted "Betsy" on Craigslist I got alot of responses.

Most of them had the usual questions like, how many miles, engine issues, etc. What was most amusing to me was how many people were asking the same questions that were already clearly stated in my people not read thoroughly???

Anyway, I guess that I had already had in my mind that I wanted the girl to buy my car. I can't tell you why....maybe it was because she was a girl, or maybe that she was so sure that it was the car for her, or maybe that I got the feeling that she would take car of "Betsy".

Either way, girl came by this morning along with her father and bought my old faithful Subaru. Even though I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new Toyota, selling "Betsy" was bittersweet. Yes, I did shed a tear or two as I watched her drive off.....

This afternoon I had planned on going to the RC Airplane Show that was being held a few miles from home, but after all the commotion with the car sale, getting Toby off to work, and Summer already being enthralled in playtime with neighborhood kids, I decided not to I wish I had. I hate it when I decide not to do something and then later on wish I had gone.....o'well, I guess there is always next year...

I decided that since I was stuck at the house I might as well make myself useful. I cleaned out my front flower bed, trimmed hedges, replanted some flowers, and ripped out some St. Augustine grass that somehow got rooted into my Bermuda. St. Augustine grass has no right to be in these parts. It needs way too much water than this area can offer.

It was such a beautiful day, this evening I decided to take a bike ride up to the park (really it's the school yard playground) to check on Summer and work in a little more exercise. Even though it's only a few blocks up the road, it's uphill all the way.

So, here I am now...writing in my blog. And that folks is the story of my day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment