Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October 6, 2009

Yesterday was a very busy day. I like busy days but I prefer them to end by 4 or 5 in the afternoon. I like my evenings peaceful and restful.

We had our weekly playdate at the Children's Museum. The girls always have a blast at the museum....and Toby has been tagging along making it even more entertaining for the kids.

After playdate we grabbed a bite to eat and then headed home to rest a couple of hours before we had to go back into Manor for National Night Out and our 4-H meeting.

National Night Out was interesting. It' designed to heighten crime and drug awareness in your community. After living in our neighborhood for two years we have yet to see any crimes or drugs so I was curious to get some info on where this sort of thing happens in Manor.

After chatting it up with one of the police officers I found out that although there is petty crime in our area we certainly don't have to be worried about being gunned down. :-)

We enjoyed a free supper of hot dogs, chips, drinks and played on the adult exercise equipment at the park before we headed across the street to our 4-H meeting.

Summer really enjoys 4-H. She is not shy or insecure about standing up and speaking or answering questions....which is very surprising to me considering her personality.

Summer got nominated for 4-H princess. I knew with this being our first year in 4-H and the commitment that being a 4-H princess would take was not something Toby and I are ready for. Volunteering with 4-H events takes up enough of our free time.

Anyway, I didn't allow Summer to vote for herself (which was allowed) in hopes that she would not win....maybe next year when we are all a little more familiar with protocol.

The meeting was unusually long, and after our already long day we were all ready to get home. We grabbed a Sonic blast on the way home as a treat for a very long day.

1 comment:

  1. 4-H princess, eh? That sounds cool, but time-consuming. We haven't gotten involved with 4-H at all because I get ooked out by all the time it would take over.

    ReplyDelete