Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday October 24, 2009

Saturday is a school day for us. I had to chuckle to myself this morning. I sat around most of the morning preparing for our school day while Toby and Summer seemed to be oblivious. They were playing, roaming around outside, and leading their life as if there was nothing but the moment.

It seems that I am the only one in our household with schooling expectations. I felt like a ghost walking around reminding them that we needed to get school done while they just ignored me and went about their business. This is the story of my daily life during school days.

So now I am left with the overwhelming urge that I get when no one is cooperating and my exploring addiction is not being fed. After all, if we aren't going to do what we are supposed to do, why not go and do something we all want to do.

If it was totally up to me, we would be like those folks in the movie R.V....well, for the most part anyway.

We did manage to finish our school day. I still wonder who's expectations we are filling......

1 comment:

  1. Home schooling has got to be as hard as it is rewarding for you. I doubt I could have done it.

    ReplyDelete